The typical Italian dessert? What else if not Tiramisù?!
Here you find the the lovely recipe that my mum uses to make for us for holidays: worth a try!
Ingredients for 6-8 person:
- 500 ml mascarpone cheese
- 2 mug of strong coffee (better espresso!)
- 75 ml marsala or passito liquor
- 5 tbsp white sugar
- 175 g pack sponge finger (Savoiardi or Pavesini)
- cocoa powder
- Put 5 yolks with 4 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl and whisk them until they become fluffy and pale. Now you can add the mascarpone and Marsala and whisk until it has the consistency of thickly whipped cream.
- Mount the egg whites with the last tablespoon of sugar: when they will be ready whisk them slowly with the mascarpone cream.
- Get your serving dish ready. Put the coffee into a shallow dish and dip in a few sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few secondss until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy.
- Layer these into your dish until you have used half the biscuits, then spread over half of the creamy mixture.
- Repeat the layers (you should use up all the coffee), finishing with the creamy layer.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. This can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. To serve, dust with cocoa powder and buon appetito!